Pat Hansen wrote:
While installing the OO1.9+, I mistakenly checked the boxes to have OO take
control of Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs.  Is this going to cause problems?
When I did the flash for the installation, it said to not check these boxes
since it is not the final version.
Please respond to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thanks.
Kathy Hansen

It won't cause any problems. What it will cause is that all .doc files that used to open with MS Word will now open with OOo instead. Same for Excel and PowerPoint. The files will still be MS Word files, they will just open with a different program.

If you want to change this back making MS Word the default app, I have some instructions here:

<http://openoffice.peschtra.com/tips/ooo_change_file_extension.html>

HTH,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org