Good evening
I am using 3.2 and since I installed this version, I am trying to use it
more frequently (get used to it),
although I did play with OO for the last few years.

About 6 months ago, I did ask a question about toggling highlighting
ON/OFF (in Writer, but if available elsewhere too).
And I want the function to be available ALWAYS and not only like with a
certain style in a particular document. I am using this function
currently in Wordperfect and Word to mark words or portions of text, that
I would like to revise later, upon which I do remove the highlighting.

Six months ago I was told (on this list), that the best (only?) way to
do this, is creating macros.
One for turning highlighting ON and another for turning it OFF again.
(rather inconvenient)
And THAT is the way I am currently using it.

However, the other day I more or less by chance found, that Writer
actually comes with this toggling function:
Crtl+Shift+P = toggles superscript ON/OFF.
Just ONE key combination does the job - not TWO macros.

If this is possible with superscript/subscript etc., I believe it should
also be possible for highlighting.
If this is so, how do you do that?

(By the way, in Wordperfect you can turn the highlighing OFF simply by
placing the cursor anywhere in the highlighted text and use your
preferred shortcut key. In Word you have to select the exact range.)

I have another question about "toggling between windows", but will put
this in a different thread.

Thank you.