Thank you for the hint.
But the question was: can you assign this functionality to other things too.
Superscript and subscript are font attributes.
If you CAN toggle those ON/OFF with a single key combination,
I fail to see why you cannot do that with "highlight", which is also a
font attribute.
What major difference should there be between the one and the other???