ReHi everybody:

In reference to this from a previous posting:

" Xsane does OCR using the OCR engine of your choice (gocr is the default
but you can change to tesseract etc). There is no option (that I am
aware of) to scan to odt format, but the scan output can be text & then
opened in OOo for editing."

I think this is normal. Being able to OCR directly into Word is icing and
more on the cake. If someone wants that kind of convenience, they might be
better off to live with Micro$oft's world, unless they are willing to do or
have done, some serious programming at their expense.

As for Xsane, I will see if it supports either of the Fedora versions I am
currently using, and if it is available on any of the repositories I use.

It would be nice if it does as I use my share of OCR also.

(In the interim, I hope not to suffocate in all the heat and humitity
Montreal is currently undergoing. This is heavy for the kid whose 3 month
old baby picture in his time was taken in his mother's arms in front of the
house with4 feet of snow on either side -phew!)

Cheers,

Bruce M.