Leo wrote:
Hello,
I am having wayyyyyyy too many problems with Microsoft 2003.
It won't open a thing because I didn't receive the disk. It just came installed on my computer. I want to know as many others on forums how to make Open Office my default office to open attachment and other programs that won't install.
Please HELP ME.
Let me know how to do this and free myself from the grips of Microsoft.
Thank You,
Ernest Calies/Leo Alexos

[Leo (l...@adventurelandtravel.com) is not subscribed to the list and probably will not see responses unless he is copied directly.]

Most computer suppliers give you the necessary CDs as well -- it sounds as if you may have gotten an "unofficial" copy of Office. In any case, what you need to do is set up the "file associations" for the various types of files so that OpenOffice.org will be used. Generally, you can do this by right-clicking on the icon of a file, selecting Open With, and browsing to the right program. There is also an option to say that you always want to use this program for this filetype, so you only need to do this once for each type. For .doc files, for instance, you'll want to point to swriter.exe.

We definitely want to help get you out of bondage! Please reply only to the list, so other volunteers can help as needed.