I see these styles listed in the 'Styles and Formatting' window when
I select, from the main menu, 'Format>Styles and Formatting'; however,
when I try to find what the styles are in Help by entering, for example
'List 1 Start', all I get is either a hit on 'list' or a hit on 'start'
or a hit on '1'.  That's not much help.

How can I find out what these styles do? I've been resorting to trial an error; however, so far I've not had much success. I did have some success with figuring out 'List 1 Start, List 1 Cont, List 1 End'. My conclusion was that this created ordered lists and the 'List 1 Cont' didn't start a new item but continued, with another paragraph, the previous item. However, trial and error is a time consuming and very error prone method for figuring out what a style means.

TiA.

-Larry