On Aug 26, 2010, at 03:55 , Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> Usually "Ctrl+X" deletes selected words or text portions.
> But "Ctrl+V" used to restore/copy that text at whatever position the
> cursor is.
> Since I played with these settings, that function is gone.
> "Ctrl+V" copies the last text selected for copying. Fine so far, but is
> not necessarily the text I just deleted.

Not sure that I'm understanding you fully, Thomas, but I agree that Ctrl+C and
Ctrl+X both move marked text to the clipboard for subsequent pasting with
Ctrl+V.  The difference is, of course, that Ctrl+C leaves the original in place
(copy) and Ctlr+X pulls the original (cut).

However, in either case, Ctrl+V will only paste what has already been moved to
the clipboard.  You say

> "Ctrl+V" copies the last text selected for copying. Fine so far, but is
> not necessarily the text I just deleted.

If you have deleted text any other way than with Ctrl+C or Ctrl+X (or their
menu equivalents of course) I don't ever remember that such deleted text can be
replaced by Ctrl+V.  The alternative in such a case is Edit/Undo or Edit/Undo
Typing, and you might have to press that alternative a few times depending on
what has happened since the text disappeared.

HTH

//James