Séamas Ó Brógáin wrote:

A feature that could show where styles and formatting begin and end (similar to that in Wordperfect)

The old request for "Reveal Codes" in OOo.

Whilst it can be provided, it won't do you the slightest bit of good. This is simply due to the different philosophy in how a word processor should be written.

If you describe the function that Reveal Codes provides, that you want to replicate in OOo, I probably will be able to describe how to achieve it. You do have to describe this functionality asif the person you are describing it to has never used WordPerfect, or any other office suite or any other text editor before. (The last time I used WordPerfect was when the first version for Linux was released. Prior to that, I used it when it was known as WordPerfect2000 --- not WordPerfect Office 2000, which was released about a decade later.)

I was delighted to learn of the macros RevealCodes2 and RevealCodes3

And as you have discovered, they only work for OOo 1.1.x.
Nobody has updated them for either OOo 2.x or 3.x.
And the odds are that nobody will update them, unless they are paid to do so.

BTW, Ianz also wrote a reveal codes macro for Calc.

jonathon