Hello list

In OOo3.1 Calc (Debian Lenny), I have copied a spreadsheet created in Calc over to a new sheet within the same workbook. These are the same in every respect.

When I go to page-break preview the copied sheet is all greyed out - the text and numbers are visible, but the background is greyed. When I then print preview it, there is no display. If I print preview the copied sheet without first page-break previewing it, again there is no display.

The original first sheet however can both page-break preview and print preview just fine.

To experiment, I copied over the same sheet into a new workbook and now it all works as expected. However, I want to keep this contained within one workbook and work on one while keeping the original unchanged as a control. But, given the above description I don't trust this to work reliably unless I know how to correct it.

Interestingly enough, when I repeated the above procedure in the new workbook, the sheets all page-break and print preview as expected. What would be helpful, if possible, is:

(a) understanding why this happened in the first workbook but not in the second, and (b) how can I fix this without taking the chance that it won't happen if I copy the sheets into a new workbook?

Can anyone help me to figure this out, because in Excel I can do this with impunity, but apparently not in Calc.

Thanks for any assistance on this.

AG