----- Original Message ----

David,

Looking under Tools > AutoCorrect > Options, I could not find a  way to turn it
off. However, I personally would not really want to as  the feature can be
quite
handy at times and is so easily prevented or  corrected.

To [prevent] it from taking place, type three or more of the characters,  then
merely hit the spacebar one time to add a trailing space.

To [correct] it (in the event you forget the space), either click the undo
arrow
on the standard toolbar or press the Ctrl+Z combination.

Someone else may come up with a better answer, but I do this so often I don't
even think about it. HTH!

--
Have a blessed day!
 <>< Earl