On 9/29/2010 2:17 PM, David Cummings wrote:
I unsubscribed my old email address by the address listed
" users-unsubscr...@openoffice.org  " and, according to directions left the
entire email blank, totally erased. Also, subject line with only
"unsubscribe". I mailed it and within seconds got a auto reply to confirm. I
hit the reply button, erased the entire letter content and sent. I am off.

Now I just get with my new address.
David Cummings

The subject and the message content are actually ignored -- you don't have to worry about blanking them out, only the To address matters. That's true of most of the ezmlm communications, BTW, though the subject does matter for the "request" command.