On 09/30/2010 09:24 AM, Terry Stevens wrote:
> Hello
>
> I downloaded Open Office on to my laptop some
> months ago, and then again on to my new desktop
> fairly recently.
>
> I wrote a series of letters on the laptop using
> Edwardian Script, and then via a memory stick,
> transferred the letters on to the desktop.
>
> The font that came up on opening the PC was
> certainly not Edwardian Script.  Upon checking the
> fonts available  on the desktop, that particular
> font was missing - also some others too.
>
> Do you have any idea on this please?
>
> Sincerely
>
> Terry Stevens
> Bedford UK
> tela...@uwclub.net

Are both of your computers running the same operating systems?
For Windows, each major versions seem to have a different list of
fonts installed.  Then there are the fonts that you install for system.

If you need that Edwardian Script, you can find the file for it on your
old system and add it to your new one.  Otherwise, you will have to
go to someone or some web site that has that font file available for
download.

I myself have Edwardian Script in many different font files/styles in my
font collection.

If you need the script and you cannot find it on the old system, email
me at my address of webmas...@krackedpress.com off this list and
we can deal with getting you the font files for your system.  I collected
fonts for years and have over 100,000 in my collection.  Most are fonts
that are similar to others, but just very slightly different.  There is many
that have the same name but are different in style.

Tim L.
webmas...@krackedpress.com
USA [Windows and Ubuntu Linux]