On 9/30/2010 3:50 PM, Rick Pasotto wrote:
First of all, I have only a very basic understanding of MS Word or OO Writer.

I have received a Word document that I need to convert to pdf. The
conversion works fine except that there is an index in the pdf file.
What is it in the .doc file that results in the index? I've converted
other .doc files to pdf and didn't get an index.

How can I get rid of that useless index?

When you select Export as PDF you will see the PDF Options box. Click the Initial View tab at the top and under Panes check (tic) the Page Only option.