On 10/29/2010 2:03 PM, Tanstaafl wrote:
On 2010-10-29 10:40 AM, Malte Timmermann wrote:
Marcello Romani wrote, On 10/29/10 16:10:
Il 29/10/2010 16:03, Sébastien Moretti ha scritto:
<SNIP>>
Exactly - as this is the only place where it makes sense.
Not really - it causes problems when you try to edit a document that you
have read/write privs for, but the doc is located in a folder where you
do NOT have privs to create NEW files. I know, because this bug has
created big problems for me - but when I reported it, of course I was
told it isn't a bug, it is an 'improvement'... right, it is an
improvement that changes the way it worked for YEARS, and caused (and
still causes) me no end of grief.

I would *love* the ability to change the path for the lock files... or
better yet, I'd prefer for OOo to go back to the way it determined if a
file was being edited or not prior to the change (don't remember which
version this changed in, but it was some time ago)...

Thanks (again) devs...

Lock files are created to prevent two or more different users from editing the same file at the same time, and interfering with each other's edits. It makes no sense to have the lock file saved differently on your machine, as this would permit the simultaneous edits that are trying to be prevented in the first place. To solve your problem, get your IT department to set your write permissions properly. It sounds as if you have EDIT but not CREATE flags set.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to