Hello webmaster,

On Wednesday 03 November 2010, 22:37, webmas...@krackedpress.com wrote:
> On 11/03/2010 08:05 PM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > Hello webmaster,

> >> They Tell me I am using Go-oo 3.2.1
> >>
> >> OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
> >> OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
> >> ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1
> >>
> >> using Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit version on a quad-core desktop.
> >>
> >> How do you turn off the quickstarter in Ubuntu?
> >
> > simply right-click on the system tray icon and select  the last menu
> > option: "Exit quickstarter".
> >
> > do a
> >
> > ~]$ pgrep soffice.bin
> >

> > to make sure there is no instance running. If this commands returns a
> > number, then this is the number that identifies the process, and yo have
> > to kill that process:
> >
> > ]$ kill -kill PROCESS_NUMBER
> >
> > or
> >
> > ]$ kill -kill `pgrep soffice.bin`
> >

> > Then you can safely change the configuration file: go to your OOo user
> > directory.
> > Vanilla OOo, and some distros (like Fedora) use the default directory:
> >
> > ~/.openoffice.org/3/user
> >
> > IIRC for go-oo it may be:
> >
> > ~/.ooo/3/user
> >
> > you can check the right value in the Options dialog (menu Tools - Options
> > - OpenOffice.org - Paths), for example, my Path for AutoText is
> >
> > /home/ariel/.openoffice.org/3/user/autotext
> >
> > this means the user dir. is a hidden folder located at
> > /home/ariel/.openoffice.org/3/user/
> >
> > Then go to
> >
> > ~/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office
> >
> > and look at the Recovery.xcu file, sure you will find in it an entry in
> > the RecoveryList node, this indicates there is file to recover (in your
> > case, your the property "Title" has for value Untitled 1 ).
> >
> > If you know something about XML, remove every node in the RecoveryList.
> > If not, simply remove the whole Recovery.xcu file.
> >
> > This should fix your issue. If not, please report back.
> >
> > Regards
>
> Sorry
> Did not work
> OOo keeps crashing "due to a unexpected error"
> I edit the file, I remove the file, but no go.

then you have *another* type of error: it is not the recovery that tries to
recover a file that makes OOo crash, but simply a crash on the application
start-up. Did I get it right?

If this crash started after installing Zotero, you will have to remove the
extension manually (delate the folder in the user directory).

If you just want to test first that this is indeed a problem with your user
installation, run OOo from the console with a brand new user profile, like
this:

]$ soffice -env:"UserInstallation=file:///tmp/ooo-user-dir"

this will create (and use) a new user dir. in /tmp/ooo-user-dir
If everything works fine with this brand new user dir., then the problem is in
your user dir.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile