HelloX, and Andrew

So far very good, I have been doing just that, more or less for several years nowand that is one. albeit awkward, but functional. I owe you Andrew some history.

TKhere are some additional RP stuff, ReadPleaseoklysm ir sinetunes rebaned 2003m /////////'which is a more conmplete and updated version of plain ReadPlease.

Then there is DReadBar which is rather interesting since it creates a new tool bar and is used when you have a web browser on the internet. This tool bar has numerous points of control and allwos you to listen to text in the browser sccreen and is very efficient. You can also get that from ReadPlease.com.

Then there is READWORD, which attaches itself to Microsoft Word with a tool bar
similar to that used in ReadBar.  That is the ite I tried to use with OOF.

and that did not work with OOF but fine with Wrod.

Now a little bit of history about ReadPlease.

Whtaat you got is a fully robot operated sales point and as you observed you can get a password by going down the lost password option and you will get a password, no matteer what your user name is or anything els. If you chose to opt to pay the robot will be happy to accept our money and I assume will send you a password which may or may not be the same as the lost password.

If you try for suppsort, nothing, and that is where the history comes in.

ReadPlease was created in 2000more or less soleley because the three sons of theitr old an who had macular degeneration would be helpe to live a better life if he could listen and write and send text ... When the Old man passed on the brothers decided not to continue the company but they still had a customer base of loyal people and allowed it to continue with a robot. The older one of the group is a distinguished professor at a Canadian University and if you discover his identity might be able to reah him and hw will be very cooperative.

I found him by discovering in he readme software file the names of all the people who worked ... at or for ReadPlease, and then in connection with Google discovered an Obit which amed the three brothers.

Knowing this story and haveing been told of the facts I did not continue to seek help
from the members of that family and am tring to make things work elsewhere.

AI guess I could use Microsoft Word, ...
I was told that the software would not work with browsers past version six, but I found that it is good at l4ast to version eight.

I do not know if they would be amenable to passing on their most useful product to a non profit such as OOF.

Read Please is a gfreat tool for the viwually impaired and as you have seen is very well designed.

I heavilyu depend on that tool and still use XP although that is getting to be more and more difficult.

All of jy files are in the RP format and then ultimaterly get transferred to PDF and or OOF

In case you did not know that, but PDF will speak out text files on PDF form as long as they are true test and not images. Most people do not know that. Unfortunately ADOBE does not provid sufficient control such as cursor and speed of read control. The voice provided by Adobe is comparable in quality to the ATandT voice which I usein ReadPlease and other text software including OOF via the copy and paste means.

I hope I have not been too verbose, but I felt that I did ow You Andrew and XXI the full story.

Codrdially,

Claude Kagan
sam75,.conm

PS you can test out the capabilites of the sam76language right uib my web site., If you daare.

Arithmetic precision greater than one gougol. PI to 500 place unless the 1000 place option is set at compile time.

practicallly useful at number bases from 1 to 32, although alitttle messy beyond taht. Has most of the functional text manipulation featureros Unix shell including piping full details in the manual on my web site. 280 plus primitives, and as far as I know there are no undis overed bugs in the executaable which uses a modes 91 Kilo bytes of memory not kincluding the operational bufferrs which can be of any size source code is also on my bebn site and if you know how to the necessary access IP tools you can find them in a file entitled sam4 at Verizon.net/claude hidden in a level below that where you might find access.

There are no error messages since you cannot make an error. If you do something stupid you will get an eaually stupid result. The only noiceis a message, SCE ... System capacity exceeded, you hav too big a number or whatever for the available dyinami spcae used. TKhe divide expression does provide theuser with a thir456+,xxx,whatto do/= the text in the end of the expression would be the teturned value string.d argument, what to do if you try to divide by zero or the null string. eg:
%di,1234,,what ato do/=   the result will be what ato do

Incidentally the langauge manual were edited and formatted using screipts written the the sam766language and printed on a model 37 tty equipped with a 1228 character t

ype box.
----- Original M-- From: "xiaoqi" <xia...@163bj.com>