On 11/12/10 13:27, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 2010-11-12 8:37 AM, webmas...@krackedpress.com wrote:
>> I typed in Printer Administration in the help option of OOo 64-bit
>> Debain 3.2.1.  I got nothing.
>> For whatever reasons you got answers and I did not, it is not the issue
>> at this time.
> Debian is notorious for 'changing' things and 'splitting' programs up
> into multiple parts.
>
> I'll bet they separated the 'Help' out into a separate install...
Well I know that Debian/Ubuntu allowed me to uninstall Writer while allowing
me to still have Calc and Impress working.  It is not like that in
Windows.  I
actually did that one, thinking that if I uninstall one part the rest
will go as well.
Not in Ubuntu/Debian.

Looks like I will have to see what OOo's site has to offer in more
extensions.
I am using the Debian version from OOo's web site now, instead of Ubuntu's
Go-OO version it its repository.  OOo's version is where the Printer
Admin. came
from.

As for the Help system, I thought I tried all the options. I have used
it before
I changed from Go-OO to OOo's version.

I wonder if I will confuse the mix if I tried Lotus Symphony 3.x along
side of
the current OOo version.  IBM claims that they too OOo's code and made
it better.
The Claim it is a more effective challenger to MSO than OOo is.  See the
article
in the link.
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Enterprise-Applications/Lotus-Symphony-30-Vies-to-Eclipse-OpenOfficeorg-as-Microsoft-Office-Challenger-788085/?kc=EWKNLLIN11092010STR1

Hopefully I do not mess the system up any more that it is already.