On 11/14/10 14:37, rsbtho...@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> Hi. Guys,
>
> I have a problem with printing envelopes.  I have read how to do it
> but it does not want to print envelopes from the address on a letter i
> have typed.  I don't need a mail merge type address list as most of my
> letters are once only.  In MS Word you just highlight the address on
> your letter and go into envelope printing and the address appears
> automatically.
>
> Can I do this and if not what a great update it would make as many
> people have this need.
>
> I hope it is there and I just can't find it.
>
> Regards,
>
> RSBT
In the "New / Templates and Documents" , there are envelope templates.
Then you can got to "Format / Page" and then choose an envelope style
you want to use.

I know that Word has the envelope labels are automated, but with automation
you get limitation on how it looks.  I never liked MSO's version of this
process.

When I use to need to print envelopes, I made a template from the Page
formatting options with everything created except the address to where it
is going.  All I have to do is cut/paste the address in the letter and then
paste it to the envelope template, and print it.

Mail-merge options fail me for printing envelopes, so I use #10 windowed
versions.

For me, the best option still it making a template of the "standard #10
envelope"
and then add the addressed from the letters when needed.