Hi Tony,

The suggestion that you look at the documentation is generally based on the assumption that a person has not done so. Now, it is known that you have done so.... Sooo....

I have done some poking around with database stuff, and I have not found any reference to MS SQL Server in my travels though the database access stuff. Now, based on the beta for the next release of OOo, I see that the following are supported:

HSQLDB
Adabas D
ADO
dBase
JDBC
LDAP Address Book
Microsoft Access
Microsoft Outlook Address Book
Microsoft Windows Address Book
Mozilla Address Book
MySQL
ODBC
Oracle JDBC
Spreadsheet
Text File

An interesting thing that is NOT mentioned in this particular list, is that MySQL is supported using either JDBC or ODBC, but a direct access method is NOT supported. As such, I speculate that you probably need to use ODBC, JDBC, or ADO. I can not find your original post, so I am not certain how familure you are with these aspects of the OOo database stuff. I have only used database access using the beta software, which is perhaps not really ready for production use, but it continues to become more stable. I have not noticed instabilities under Linux, but under Windows, it seems to crash on its own sometimes; I think that it happens while performing some kind of checkpoint save.

Just some tidbits that will hopefully point you in the right direction. I do not have MS SQL Server, so I can not test any of these things, but I can perhaps provide information on general connection information. If I do nto notice your message and respond on list, send me a direct email and remind me to answer (My wife keeps me overly busy it seems.)

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw