On 12/1/2010 9:10 PM, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:
On 12/01/2010 09:46 PM, JOE Conner wrote:
Please, someone, direct me to some documentation that describes step by
step how to copy a macro from a document to "MY MACROS."  Or,
alternatively, give me a step by step how to.  All my attempts seem to
not succeed, sometimes it looks like they have copied, only to be upon
examination actually an empty shell.

WinXP Pro w/SP3.
OOo 3.3.0 RC7.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

Couple of things to watch for, first of all, you can NEVER over-write the standard library. I mention this in this document (http://www.pitonyak.org/OOME_3_0.odt) that I lack the time to finish from my published book.

So, if you desire to copy the Standard library, you must manually copy the data, but, I will not bother to discuss that for now.

Ignoring the standard library, you should be able to do the following:

use Tools > Macros > Organize Dialogs then select the Libraries tab

The drop down location must read "My Macros & Dialogs"

Select Import

Select the document containing the macro

Select the libraries that you desire to import. Do NOT try to import the Standard library

If desired, you may choose to replace any existing library. If you do not, it should not over-write an existing library, but I have not verified this.

Thanks Andrew, that gets me closer. Unfortunately, the macro I am trying to import is called "Module1" and is the only macro in the "Standard" folder. The import does not drop down deep enough into the "standard's" internals to chose the desired macro.

I wish there were an add-on that did a descent job of managing macros.

Thanks again for your time and thoughtful answer.

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA