On 12/12/10 4:47 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
Is there such a thing as an "animated PNG" file ?

Animated GIF, yes...  PNG ?

I previously mentioned uncovering a file like this while salvaging and unzipping a corrupted Write doc with an embedded animation, and you can't tell what format such a image file in the Picture folder is because image viewers won't render it since there's no file type suffix there, which was the crux of my unanswered query. After long trial and error on my own trying various file name type suffixes on this particularly large animated file, the suffix that allowed Mac image viewers to show it was PNG, so I presume animated PNG files are rare but do exist -- much larger than animated GIFS -- but exist.