A table extends over several pages.
How do you tell it to split/break
after the first content row, so that the
table can begin on a page with TONS of space?

This is a problem I had before, but never solved.
Encountered again in a 'new' doc.

A two-column table insists on starting at top of page 20,
leaving two lonely lines of body text at the top of page 19,
and the rest of page 19 empty.

The table has large-ish cells containing pictures,
so two or three rows will fit on a page.
The header row and first two content rows fit
easily on page 20. This implies that the header
and row 1 of content would fit easily on page 19,
under the two lines of body text... and still
leave empty space on that page.

But the table refuses to break after the first row.

I have tried Table Properties and individual
cell properties, as well as properties of
the text paragraphs within the cells.

I can't find a way to tell my table that it is
not merely OK, but actually desirable to start
following the most recent body text, and to
break conveniently between content row 1 and
content row 2.

Several reviewers have complained about the
bad layout and incompetent use of page
space.

Suggestions?

Windows XP Pro and OOo 3.21