On 12/18/2010 5:08 AM, cmsuijkerbu...@gmail.com wrote:
Dear sir/madam,

I am an user of Open Office and with great pleasure, but now I have a problem: This morning I wanted to open a document in "Recently opened documents", and to my surprise, the box was empty, while yesterday-evening, when closing down my computer, it was full. So far, that is inconveniant, but no harm done, you just start te document by selecting "Opening Document". However the most important document I use, however still in the "Document" box on my computer, I cannot open the document any longer. All other documents can be openend, but that one. Can you please help?

With kind regards,

Kees Suijkerbuijk,
Hoogerheide,
The Netherlands

[Kees (cmsuijkerbu...@gmail.com) is not subscribed and will probably not see responses unless directly copied.]

The document still is in your Documents folder, but when you double-click it, it doesn't open -- is that right? What happens instead? If there is an error message, please tell us what it is. If it just silently does nothing, you may have a leftover copy of OOo that is confusing Windows (assuming that's what you are running -- it would help to know what version, and also what version of OOo). In that case, you can use Task Manager to end any soffice.bin process that is "running" and then try again.

By the way, we're just other users of OOo who try to help each other using this
mailing list.