On 12/26/2010 5:56 AM, Brad Rogers wrote:
There are several options available to those that simply wish to read
PDFs.  I suggested Adobe's reader because it's (probably) the one most
people will have heard of, and likely to be available to run on the end
users OS;  Other options are Windows only, some Linux only, and so forth.

As Sam hadn't specified an OS, I thought it best to avoid a (say) Linux only
solution.

DANG IT!

Foxit Reader is WINDOWS ONLY, a fact that I did not know until I looked on their web site. (This annoys me greatly, as I prefer to use tools that work on Linux and Windows.)

I have not found another reader that works on both Linux and Windows and has nearly the useful features of the PDF readers from Adobe and Foxit.

If you know of one, please advise.

It remains true that Foxit is better and faster for WINDOWS ONLY than any reader I have used. I have several installed here.

Thanks for your reasoning about your answer.

David Teague