On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 01:45 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> I ran into a few other bad bugs with the Ubuntu-version of OpenOffice.org
> and finally I just couldn't stand it any more, so I kicked it out and
> installed the ”real” OpenOffice.org. Worked like a charm since then. I
> don't know if that would help in this very case, but I would certainly try.

brewster:

I guess that is a distinction of which I was not aware. Are you saying
that Ubuntu is shipping a slightly different version from that which
is available directly from OOo? That I should download the latest
version directly from OOo and install it over the Ubuntu version?
I am definitely not inclined to use RCs or betas.

Just out of curiosity, is there a detectable rationale for Ubuntu's
provision of a buggier version of OOo than Open Office itself ships?

Brewster

Embrace a sharing community of sustainable justice low-carbon diversity