On 01/21/2011 06:51 PM, webmas...@krackedpress.com wrote:
On 01/21/2011 06:21 PM, François Landry wrote:
I'm not sure you have the good address.

________________________________
De : .<pe...@aleksandrsolzhenitsyn.net>
À : users@openoffice.org
Envoyé le : Ven 21 janvier 2011, 16h 18min 49s
Objet : [users] Click on index entry takes to location in document?

I'm using an Alphabetical Index in a Writer document.

Is there a way to configure Writer so that I can click on an individual
entry in the alphabetical index and have it take me directly to the
entry's location in the document?

To me it sounds like you want the document to be like a web page, with Writer acting both as the editor and the web browser.

I just do not know if Write, or any word processor, can be set up that way.

The only hope is to be able to setup multiple "Bookmarks", but what you want may not be at all possible, and may not be able to be used the way you want.

What is the reason, or need, for this? Are you trying to create a document that will have an index or some ending list of words and phrases that will have links to the various pages that they contain? You then click on the "link" after the word or phrase, and then you go to the page automatically, like a web page?

I have seen this done with PDF documents, but not with a Word or Writer document.

edit:
Try looking in the Help/Openoffice.org Help  command under "index".
That is the only way I see that may or not work for you.  It had an
Alpha-index option, so see if it does what you want.  As I said before,
I have never seen this in a Word or Writer document, only in a PDF
one that looks more like a text document version of a web page than
anything else.