On Sun Jan 23 2011 12:05:20 GMT-0800 (PST)  Tim Johnson wrote:
* RA Brown <rabr...@the-martin-byrd.net> [110123 10:41]:
On Sun Jan 23 2011 11:00:33 GMT-0800 (PST)  Tim Johnson wrote:

First, what format are you saving the file as. ODT or DOC? If the later that is the problem as OOo does not inport or export to DOC with 100% fidelity and some things get lost in the translation.
 It is being saved as a .doc extension. I had thought of that also.
 We can't send this to the recipient as an odt file, I don't think
 that they would be able to open an odt file. Perhaps we should save
 as an odt, than see if we can make things work and then make a
 final copy as .doc. What do you think?

If possible a better option would be as a PDF as it will retain the formating, if not possible then as to DOC for the final at least that way you do not lose your/her work.

Second, you should start a new thread/message and not reply to an existing thread and just change the subject. Most modern mail readers use information within the hidden headers to link related messages, threads, and you message can be missed by someone that could help.
  I'm very embarassed about that. Of course I know better - I've
  been using internet, email and mailing lists since the dawn of the
internet. I just forgot to delete the 'In-Reply-To' item. Very sorry!

It happens and it was only a suggestion.

Andy