On Jan 24, 2011, at 20:13 , Dan Lewis wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 13:21 +0100, James Wilde wrote:

> <snip>
>     OK, now we know we are dealing with a Mac. This is a start. But
> from this point, I am confused as to what you want. I logged into my Mac
> to see if I could help. I clicked the System Preferences icon in the
> Dock. I clicked on Accounts and then clicked the Login tab. I added OOo
> so it would startup when I logged in again. I rebutted. When I logged
> back into my OS X partition, OOo opened. What I got was two columns of
> selections:
> Text Document                     Drawing
> Spreadsheet                       Database
> Presentation                      Formula
> Open                              Templates
>
> There were also 4 icons at the bottom.

Right, Dan, but I'm way past there.  Originally I did get that window with the
two columns of selections.  But, the thread to which I'm referring provided a
method whereby one could select the type of document to start by default, in my
case a Text Document, and open a pre-selected document of that type, bypassing
the window with the selection.  And that I did, and now I want to choose
another pre-selected document of that same type.

It might actually be easier to find the one that is opening, and edit the
styles, bus since I have one that I do like already, I thought I would merely
change the pre-selection.

And quite frankly, since I no longer see the selection window, I don't know how
to get back there.  It's possible that what I'm looking for is on that page,
lurking behind the extra buttons.

Does nobody recognize this scenario?

//James