At 08:01 31/01/2011 -0500, Gene Young wrote:
On 1/31/2011 1:08 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 04:10:49 +0000
Brian Barker<b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>  dijo:

Hmm. You're right. I never tried it until just now, but it doesn't work with spaces.

To search and replace spaces you must use regular expressions and use [\x0009 ] as the search term for a space and a regular space (spacebar) for the replace with term.
ie;

Find;   .[\x0009 ][\x0009 ]
Replace with:   .

Note: There is a space after the dot in Replace with.

This works as needed.  (I tested it.)

Sorry, but this is somewhat confused.

First, I didn't write any of the above. Do please take care when you edit messages that you do not misattribute what was written.

Second, the comment above that something didn't work with spaces was referring to AutoCorrect, not Find & Replace. Finding or editing such multiple spaces using Find & Replace had already been discussed successfully: that wasn't what didn't work.

Third, your suggestion that spaces cannot be used naturally in the "Search for" field in Find & Replace is simply wrong: they can. There is no need for your complicated workaround, in fact.

Brian Barker