On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2011/03/10 3:13 PM  Paul wrote:
>

>>    No rant, but a few questions: 1) just how did I manage to get
>>    unsubscribed from this list (I've been subscribed and posting here
>> since
>>    2006), and
>>
>> Have no idea about how the un-subscription happened. Whether this happened
>> before or after the list migration - have no idea. The old mail list
>> software had its issues (as does the new one) and I think doing random
>> things was one of them (although I agree this should not be the case). I can
>> re-subscribe you if you wish.
>>
> NoOp is posting through gmane. See header "X-Injected-Via-Gmane:
> http://gmane.org/";
>
> I also post through gmane. There are long delays before my posts make it to
> the list and I get an email stating "Your message for list users has been
> forwarded to editor(s)".
>
> It seems the list is no longer accepted posts from gmane. I am subscribed
> to "gmane.comp.openoffice.questions", not to "users@openoffice.org".

Which I'm tending to agree is the common thread here and seems to be the
problem. When sent from gmane, your actual address is passed through which
the email list doesn't recognise... As per recent posts to this list, you
can follow the 'subscribe' then 'no mail' option to avoid this.

At this point this solution is only a suggestion till someone tries it and
confirms that it works as advertised.

/paul