On 3/25/2011 2:56 AM, Marcello Romani wrote:
Il 25/03/2011 08:30, Pat Collett ha scritto:
Hi Marcello,
Downloaded OO3.3 and the problem seems to be over. Thank you so much.
Now I have another problem maybe you can help with:
I have a large file (8.5Gb) on Corel Quattro Pro 8 consisting of 2
"workbooks" with many links between them. As this software is no longer
supported and I'm afraid it may crash, I want to transfer it all to Open
Office Calc.
Is there a way to transfer it all while maintaining the links? "Cut and
Paste" does not save the links.
Pat
I used Quattro-Pro for many years but had to give that up due to frequent crashes of key files. The conversion is not a slick 10-second process but it can be done.

For me the beginning was to Save AS (from Quattro-Pro) in Excel (.xls) format. (I believe it was Microsoft Excel v5/v7 -- the other choice in my version of QPro is Microsoft Excel 97, which I think is older.)

This can then be imported into OOo Calc and saved in .ods format.

Now the tedious part begins -- converting things that were not exported well enough by QPro. The biggest challenge I faced was that my macros didn't transfer to anything useful. I simply had to deal with the issue involved in some entirely new way.

Good luck. Write again if you have specific questions I might address -- like function correspondences.