Adam wrote:

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM, RA Brown <rabr...@the-martin-byrd.net
<mailto:rabr...@the-martin-byrd.net>> wrote:

    Adam wrote:

        On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM, RA Brown
        <rabr...@the-martin-byrd.net <mailto:rabr...@the-martin-byrd.net>

            Are you by chance saving to .doc format?

        Yes is that a problem :(

        I need to save it in.doc format as my firm uses MS Word

        Adam

    Yes, it can be very much of a problem.  The MS formats were closed
    and had to be reversed engineered to get what is available.  The
    ability to create MS formats is better in OOo then MS's ability to
    create ODF formats.  You should also ways save in the native ODF
    format and only save as MS format just to send a copy to someone else.

    If you really need 100% compatibility then you really need MSO.

    ** Please reply to the mailing list, to keep the information
    available for others **

So just to clarify, if I save in native ODF format and only save as MS
format just to send a copy to someone else, when I do send it to others
they will see the correct cross-references! Appreciate if you could
confirm this otherwise I may end up in a real mess.

Thanks

Adam

The only way to verify that is to test it, on each file. Some of the formating will 'stick' others will not. There are file viewers for MS formated documents from MS. If your running a version of Windows you can use those to see if the documents come out the way you want.