Duarte Costa wrote:
Dear Sirs
I am starting the  use of OpenOffice only now, for several reasons that would
be annoying to you to report.
I am founding for now two or three problems. I would appreciate if you have a
moment to look on this.

1. I could not edit "Ã" (that here is perfectly written, as one can see). Only in low
case I could edit "ã" (and print). How can I solve this problem ?

I don't know, sorry.

2. I am used to WordPerfect. I have the brazilian edition of "Corel WordPerfect Suite 8" and "WordPerfect Family pack 4" (this one only in English".
2.1 In WordPerfect it is possible to make simple arithmetic calculations within
tables. Is it foreseen to include, too, this characteristic in OpenOffice? This
would be very useful for me, because ferquently I must do calculations in
tables and the use of a spreadsheet (Excel or Quattro Pro, for instance) for
including after in ihe text, is a too much heavy work.

Make a table, and then in the able enter =1+1 and that will give you 2. You can also use cell references as you would a spreadsheet, but surround them in <> like =<A1>+<B1>.

2.2  WordPerfect has, to me, a very useful facility: We can have, if we want
to, all the codes introduced, in page footer. When there is a mistake, this is
a helping resource in order to find the place of error was introduced. Could we
wait for a similar gadget in OpeOffice?

There is a macro that does this. I would Google for "macro openoffice.org reveal code"

3. I would like to translate into Portuguese the "Help" files of the program.
Could I cooperate in this matter? I am not an informatics expert, so it would be
necesaire that some one would include the translated text in the proper places or tell me
how it shoul be done. I am a translator and think that this work would have two
advantages for me: to practice OpenOffice use and to practice English language.

Check out <http://pt.openoffice.org/index.html> to help with Portuguese stuff.

HTH,
--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org