George Stroubakis wrote:
Hello, I'm a user of Open Office and I'm having a hard time understanding why my activated spellcheck is not underlining wrongly written words. If I were to copy the text and paste it on a Open speadsheet, the words are automatically underlined. I've consulted the Help Index and nothing is mentioned. It's frustrating to have to figure this out because everything is set right. The spellcheck does simply not want to work.
Please help me.

George

Do for me the following.

1) Open a new text document.

2) Type something with a typo in it.

3) Press F11

4) Right click on the "default" paragraph style.

5) Click on the Font tab, check what the language says? Does it say English?

6) Close out of that by clicking OK.

7) Select Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages, what is the main document language? Do they match.

Make sure they are both English, does that help?

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org