On 6/27/2011 5:57 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

I finished 1996 and there are 35
rows. I tried to use Sheet 2 for 1997, but couldn't figure out how to
transfer the row and column formatting from Sheet 1 (1996), so I gave
up and decided just to use Writer tables. It took me a lot of work to
format the cells in Sheet 1 and I was trying to avoid having to
duplicate the effort for Sheet 2.

The easiest way to do what you had tried to do in Calc would be to copy Sheet1 (1996) to a new sheet.

Two ways to do this are:

1. Right click on the Sheet1 tab and select Move/Copy Sheet ... Check (tick) the box "Copy". Show where you want the sheet to appear in the spreadsheet (although it can easily be moved around if you get it in the wrong place). Then click OK.

or

2. Click (left click this time) the Sheet1 tab, hold down the Ctrl key, and drag it slightly to the right. A copy will be created, with the name Sheet1_2 (if the original name was Sheet1).