I've just upgraded the OOo I have running on freebsd from v2.something to 3.2.1.

This is only ever used with the -headless flag for scripting the conversion of simple odf files to pdf or word. It used to take about 15 seconds -- but that's now increased 4-fold to over a minute. All to run a simple macro that does a load and a save, nothing else.

At least it still works - but it's a close-to-disastrous wait time.

Have others noticed such a change? Any thoughts on improving the speed would be most welcome!!

(fbsd has bumped from 6.2 to 8.2; OOo from 2.x to 3.2.1. The code is running on the same 1GHz C7 with 1Gb memory)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England