Hi,

I have got a question concerning your experiences with the collaboration feature of openoffice.org calc.

Does this feature work well? Are there any problems likely to occur?

I am aware of the limitations mentioned in: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Calc_Guide/Sharing_documents_among_reviewers

Background of the question: At work a group of four needs to collect comments on various documents in one single spreadsheet. I know that this is not an ideal solution but at the moment we are working with Microsoft Excel 2003 which has a rather limited collaboration function.

At the moment no collaboration function is used at all. We have to close the document if anybody wants to edit it.

I would like to use openoffice.org portable to work on a ods-file. When we have finished we can conert it to xls. We don't need special features and the conversion works.
I am just interested if there are any problems which might occur.

All four clients are working with Windows XP, collaboration document would be located on a network share to which all involed team members have read and write access.

Thanks for your advice
Franz