The various links on the Wiki to the mail/archive area weren't working.
I ended up creating a user ID and logging on.
I am not sure whether that was required, but I finally found more
mail list info, thanks.
I am trying to make the update feature either work, or turn it off.
It keeps prompting me to update, but fizzles out when I try it.

The current version is 3.2.1 on Windows 7

What is the file that appears on my desktop called "openoffice"?
Is it something to do with the update process?

There are some semi-related answers on the Forum.
Can someone point me to a relevant one?

--
Owen Nieuwenhuyse