On 04/07/11 10:31, e-letter wrote:
Above is the verbatim copy of the reply text box using gmail. The
mailing list manager used by OO and LO is poor.

Which listing has no clear thread structure. But is that down to gmail's management of the mailbox? I use Thunderbird, and /most/ things are properly threaded. Those that aren't - such as your own response above - don't have a proper 'in-reply-to' header, which I attribute tentatively to a poor mail client (gmail again??)

I write merely to defend the use of the digest mode. Personally,
consider the digest-mode to be a superior, quicker method to manage
mail list messages without wasting time configuring mail clients'
filters, folders, etc.

And /much/ harder to reply to a given message. Harder still to maintain the threading, as you don't have the relevant message id's (and it's /not/ done by subject) Each to their own though.

Why didn't the original poster perform a simple web search to learn
about mailing lists???

Perhaps the same reason people keep asking how to unsubscribe. I was pondering the other day about hazards posed by people with so little knowledge, they don't know they don't know.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England