From: Sigrid Carrera
Date: 06/07/2011 21:08:35
To: users@openoffice.org
Cc: john...@waitrose.com
Subject: Re: [users] English dictionay

Hello John,

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:50:55 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
"john...@waitrose.com" <john...@waitrose.com> wrote:

> I am having problems that the dictionary is not working, I have tried
> re-installing and nothing happens.   I have entered words that I know are
> correct but there must be a couple of million to go.

Have you installed the language-pack for your language? (I assume you want
to have en-GB). What do you see when you go to "Tools > Options > Language
Settings > Language"? Under the point "Default languages for documents" is
there a checkmark in front of English (UK)? If not, then you need to install
the corresponding languagepack. You will find it here:
http://download.openoffice.org/other.html#tested-lp

I hope I could help you.

Sigrid

-----