On 8/23/2011 2:48 PM, Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2011-08-23 3:21 PM  John Boyle wrote:
To users list: I have to question the truth of the statement that you can install BOTH OpenOffice and Libre-Office on the same computer!
I have both OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice installed with no problem.

My experience has been that Libre-office *AUTOMATICALLY TAKES OVER OPEN OFFICE, ENTIRELY!*
How can one program take over another program? Please explain.

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com

To User: I wish I knew, but it did! Installed right over the other regular OOo! Luckily, I still had the info to reinstall the regular version! Look, there are several programs out there that are related to ones you may already have, and they are considered "UPGRADES" such as the alleged new version of SeaMonkey, that not only takes over but DELETES your download files from the DOWNLOAD manager! AND there is other programs that, depending on what the original was, installs right over them! Of course, you will dispute me on that, but there it is!:-(