On 8/23/2011 4:21 PM, John Boyle wrote:
To users list: I have to question the truth of the statement that you
can install BOTH OpenOffice and Libre-Office on the same computer! My
experience has been that Libre-office *AUTOMATICALLY TAKES OVER OPEN
OFFICE, ENTIRELY! Luckily, I had tried to install on my second computer
and was ABLE to stop the installation before it finished. I just so
happen to have KAMI's Oxygen Office with all the bells and whistles,
that Libre Office DOES NOT HAVE, so why bother going BACKWARD???*

I have both installed on my computer. I did have to do some tweaking after installing LibO so that my MSO files could be opened by MSO by default. I even went back through the installation procedure to see if I missed it, but I didn't see any option to keep LibO from taking over the MSO files.

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU

http://leather.casaerwin.org