On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-09-02 6:16 PM  NoOp wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if the OP (Rob Weir) will reply to my questions, or if he
>> simply intends to be a 'hit&  run' poster (cross-poster) to this list...
>> After all, posting such an annoucement on this list (and cross-posting
>> toooo-...@incubator.apache.org  &  ooo-us...@incubator.apache.org)
>> without sticking around to answer questions, explain, offer further
>> details, is IMO pretty rude. Is this what can be expected from
>> ooo-apache in the future?
>
> I wouldn't judge Apache by Rob Weir's actions. He is new to Apache and an
> IBM employee. The long time Apache people seem to be much more relaxed and
> easy going, at least from what I have seen since the Apache-ooo  started.

Larry, if you wanted to be useful you might have mentioned to NoOpthat
we have been discussing enabling Gmane for
ooo-users.incubator.apache.org on the ooo-dev list, and that you
yourself have volunteered to set that up in a few days.

And btw, I've been an Apache Committer since 1999.

If you want more details on how the users list will work, I'd
recommend you start a thread over there, since this openoffice.org
list is soon going to disappear.  As one of the list moderators, I'd
be happy to answer any questions you might have.

-Rob