If you read the thread, you would see that we've been discussing why the message about unsubscribing is NOT displayed at the bottom of every email. It appears not to be added to HTML-only emails, nor to the HTML part of multipart/alternative messages.

Rory was not trying to unsubscribe - simply stating that the footer had not been added to Larry's HTML-only message.

Mark.

David B Teague sr wrote:

When you subscribed, you received a message that told you how to
unsubscribe. It asked you to keep this message in case you wanted to
unsubscribe.

You must do the unsubscribing yourself. There are instructions how to
unsubscribe at the bottom of each email message you receive from this
list. This is done to prevent subscribing or unsubscribing by anyone
other than the recipient. I repeat that information below for your benefit.

Further I explain: To unsubscribe, send an email message to the address
below. The subject and body of this message are ignored. When the
message is received by the email robot, there will be an email message
containing a request for confirmation to which you must reply to
complete unsubscribing.

David B Teague

with Subject: help