How do you know they won't do what you want to do? Have you given
up before you even try them? I have a form in which I can enter
information into a table and also has the results of a query based upon
that table. When I enter data into the table, the query updates itself.
     Planning/Designing a database takes time. I gave you one way to get
what you wanted with some limitations. There are other ways to do it.
Sometimes it pays to have a good mathematical background to accomplish
what you want to do.
     For example, you mentioned that you needed to know what date is a
specific number of days after a given day. You also mentioned needing to
know the difference between two dates. Base has a function DATEDIFF that
can be used to do both of these things. In the second one, you will need
a table that contains the beginning and ending dates. This function will
tell you the difference. In the first case, you need two fields: one for
the beginning date, and another field contains dates into the future for
the ending date. Then the query can use
            DATEDIFF('dd',beginning date,ending date) = n where n is the
number of days.
     With some time, I can probably create what you want. But then
again, I think I can do it. If you have a math background as it sounds
like you do, you should be able to do it also. But if you don't think
you can, you won't.
     One more thing. Another thing. Base uses the HSQLDB database engine
version 1.8. The online User Guide is here:
http://hsqldb.org/doc/guide/guide.html. Chapter 9 has the built-in date
functions and how to use them. I could also send you a copy of the user
guide for HSQLDB 1.8. It is a PDF.

--Dan