WILLIAM Hughes wrote:
To it may concern, I'm interested in downloading your office suite product to CD. I have read up on the product as much as I can comprehend on your web site and, of course, am always interested in free package software that will safely accomplish what I need. I recently purchased, through Dell, two discounted PCs which did not come preloaded with many of the word processor and publishing programs I am used to using. I need to transfer files from MS word, MS Works, MS publisher, MS Excel etal. My first question is twofold; will I be able to read these files with your program and will I be able to create files that others can read with their existing word programs? Secondly, if I choose to install this suite on my hard drive, will it dominate other programs? Third, if, in fact, I find that I do not like the program for any reason, can I uninstall without corrupting other files or programs?

Yes
No, but it may (if you tell it to makes itself the default app for .doc, .xls, and .ppt files)
Yes

HTH,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org