I have many spreadsheets in Excel and I am trying to make the switch to OpenOffice but I am finding great difficulty switching from VBA and also in "assigning" macros.

I find it so easy, probably with years of use, to "Assign" a macro to a button or shape in excel and in fact the numerous Presentation Proforma' that I work with all have a "Main Menu" page with an array of buttons and/or shapes each with an attached macro to take you to the sheet. When on any sheet, I again assign macros to format and print the pages and insert copyright information but I am completely lost, even after consulting the available Help, with this assigning. I have tried following the Help pointers and it may just be that I can't forget VBA and get confused, but can anyone provide a sample or instruction for this.

It will be impossible for me to convince the company to make this switch until I can do the work myself and in turn, teach others, that is why I am asking for help.

D. Gary Jones