On Thursday 21 July 2005 10:08 am, David Teague wrote:
> Roderick wrote:
> > In any case, check View > Toolbars to see what is enabled. e.g the
> > formatting toolbar contains the font stuff whilst the Function bar
> > contains the icons for the stylist and navigator.
>
> Thanks, this is a good start, but
>
> View | Toolbars
>
> says the formatting toolbar is enabled, but the
> tools in it are not displayed.
>
> Further, the icons that are displayed are about twice
> the size they are in the 109 version -- that's the
> OO.o 1.9.109  version. Large icons unnecessarily take
> up valuable screen real estate and should not be the
> default.
>
> I had not been able to find how to select icon size
> but I found this buried in help.
>
> Changing Icon Size
> You can change the icon view between small and large icons.
> Choose Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org.
> On the View tab page, select the Toolbar icon size.
> Click OK.
>
> I think the choice of icon size should be in Customize
> tool bar as well as in tools|options|OpenOffice.org|view.
>
> Now I have to figure out where the tool bars that the
> menu says are there are hiding!
>
> Next issue:
>
> There does not seem to be a "stylist" any more. At
> least OO.o Help doesn't have it listed. How do I
> find it or find the replacement?
>
> This is the first pre beta OO.o version where I have
> had significant problems and what to do to configure
> or fix things is just not obvious, and the obvious
> things don't seem to work.
>
> I really like OO.o, and I recommend it to my friends
> and students, but I need answers to these questions,
> and likely several more.
>
> BTW The documents at the URL in Roderick's .sig
> seem to refer to the current version, 1.1.4, not to the
> beta versions, so I do need a little more than just
> "Read the manual, here is a URL."
>
> David Teague,  http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
> Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths
> www.dennismasuzzo.com;  www.silviodallatorre.com
> www.joelquarrington.com/;  For information on Red  Mitchell,
> http://home.teleport.com/~mimuma/;  www.larryholloway.com

     The "Stylus" (accessed by F11) has become "Styles and Formating" in
the 1.9.x versions. While it has a different name, it can be access the
same way: use the F11 key. As GRS has written, there are several good
manuals for the 2.x listed on the following page:

http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

     If there is something missing in these guides, please let us know.
We will work on correcting it.

Dan