On Friday 22 July 2005 08:46 am, robert schleicher wrote:
> How do I open an excel file that is password
> protected?  I do have the password for the file, but
> oos is not giving me the option to use it

     The 1.9.118 version of OOo will do this. (Just remember that it is
still in beta testing. It is a snapshot of what OOo 2.0 will look like
when it is finished.) I do not know what version of OOo you are using
right now, but the 1.9.118 version can be added to your system without
removing the version you have now. I would also suggest you make a copy
of the password protected excel file first, and then open it in
1.9.118. That way, if anything happens, you still have the original
file.

Dan