On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:12:42 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:

>GregChi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> In a hex editor I converted this(above) text:
>> (view as fixed width font)
>> T  e  x  t     c  a  n     b  e
>> 2e 04 24 16 0d 08 26 05 0d 29 04 0d
>
>OOo has the habit of recoding fonts with the glyphs as they are used.
>When you look at the raw PostScript data, you'll notice that there are
>no readable strings in there, just hex sequences for the recoded
>fonts. Your hex dump shows such a recoded text.
>
>I expect that this recoding gets propagated into the PDF as well,
>however, I'd expect a PDF text grabber (or find tool) to cope with
>this. I've checked Acrobat Reader and xpdf, both seem to grab the text
>correctly.
>
>So I'd primarily suspect the pdf text grabber.
>
>-- Johan

Is this a problem on my system or a problem with the .pdf file?
I tried with reader6 & reader5 (same results)
I tried with various other .pdf's & got varied results (some from OOo)
(somewhere was mentioned a 'character set'  as opposed to a font???)

--
  Greg   Agent 1.93/32.576  Opera8   OOo 2(19104)
news.readfreenews.net & news.gmane.org      Win98se